This article aims to introduce how to update the QEC Master (QEC-M series products) with the latest version of the 86Duino IDE. This update covers the following three updates: Bootloader, EtherCAT Firmware, and EtherCAT Tools.
Before performing the update, you need to prepare the following hardware and software:
- QEC-M series products (This is the system you will be updating)
- 86Duino IDE version 500 (or a newer version)
Start the Update
Now, we will further explain how to proceed with the update:
Step 1: Setting up QEC-M
- Download and install 86Duino IDE 500 (or a newer version): You can download it from Software.
- Connect the QEC-M: Use a USB cable to connect the QEC-M to your computer.
- Open 86Duino IDE: After the installation is complete, open the 86Duino IDE software.
- Select Board: From the IDE menu, choose “Tools” > “Board” > “QEC-M-01” (or the specific model of QEC-M you are using).
- Select Port: From the IDE menu, choose “Tools” > “Port” and select the USB port to which the QEC-M is connected.
If this is your first time running the 86Duino IDE, we recommend that you read Set up the QEC-M-043T for 86Duino – QEC before proceeding with this example.
Step 2: Click “Burn Bootloader” button
After connecting to your QEC-M product, go to “Tools” > “Burn Bootloader”. The currently selected QEC-M name will appear. Clicking on it will start the update process, which will take approximately 5-20 minutes.
Complete the Update
After completing the above steps, your QEC-M has been successfully updated to the latest version of the development environment.
You can find more information about the basic QEC applications in the EtherCAT application.